Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Folly at sunrise..

This is a commission a from a good friend for his wife for Christmas! Isn't the lowcounty gorgeous? I did not even add any extra color to the painting- this is pretty true to photo! 24x36 acrylic on canvas:



I used artists tape to keep the Xs beneath the pier at the same height- such great stuff!
Finished!
And as always it's finished around the edges and they have it hanging unframed!
I you're in doubt about what size I always tell people to tape the size you think you want in measured and cut-out wrapping paper to the wall, then live with it for a few days. ( I just included this tip here because I discussed it with this particular friend) Visualizing it is always better than guessing- and hings get smaller on a wall than you think!
Thanks for reading! Come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment